Student Books for Small Group Work and Guided Reading
Flying Start to Literacy supports the systematic development of reading strategies and skills in young students. It begins with oral language, then builds vocabulary, increases phonemic awareness, builds
letter-sound relationships, develops print knowledge, and promotes comprehension.
The Flying Start to Literacy program contains:
- 244 Student Books organized into 7 Developmental Reading Stages – paired narrative and informational texts
- 122 Lesson Plans on sturdy laminated cards (1 per pair of titles)
- 122 Take-Home books, one for each pair of books
- 18 Vocabulary Starters in the Early Emergent Stage only
- Digital Activities in the Early Emergent Stage only
An overview of the reading strategies for each book by stage can be seen on the Scope and Sequence Charts. Reading Across the Curriculum Charts detail text features and content vocabulary for each title. These can be found under the Teacher Support Materials tab.
CLICK HERE for Charts