Provide Direct Reading Support
• Unique to the Early Emergent Stage, there is one set of Vocabulary Starters for each pair of books (18 sets in total).
• Each Vocabulary Starter introduces the written form of key vocabulary through unambiguous, labeled photographs.
• Vocabulary Starters can be read as a book or displayed as a word bank to support beginning readers and writers.
• On the back of the photographs are suggestions for building oral, reading, and writing vocabulary, as well as reading and writing activities for each book.
• Activities for developing oral, reading, and writing vocabulary are on reverse side of cards