Connected Texts to Reinforce Learning
• 228 Student Books (114 pairs of books) organized into 7 developmental reading stages.
• Paired books address the same concepts, vocabulary, and high-frequency words in different text types and sentence structures.
• High-frequency words are gradually and systematically introduced and re-used.
• There is a high rate of repetition of high-frequency words and a low ratio of unfamiliar words.
• There is a balance of illustrated narrative and photographic informational books.
• A wide range of text types – narratives, personal narratives, procedures, explanations, and reports are included.